Deepen your yoga practice and discover the teacher in you!
200 hour Yoga Teacher Training - Sussex
WE ARE NOW TAKING BOOKINGS FOR OUR NEXT COURSE, STARTING AUTUMN 2018!
Fully accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals, the course will comprise of study weekends spread out over 9 months. With the help of guest tutors who are specialists in their fields, Nathalie's warm guidance and in-depth knowledge will equip you with the skills and experience to become a confident professional yoga teacher.
About the course: Drawing from the roots of yoga, we bring this into a modern day context with our down to earth approach. However we do not try to re-create or re-brand what simply is - there is no gimmicky name or new spin on something that has been practiced for centuries! With a background in teaching as well as yoga, Nathalie has a clear way of helping students to develop their understanding and experience through practical learning, sharing her passion for the subject. We teach with an awareness of the body from a physical perspective and an emotional one, acknowledging that the two are linked. Through an understanding of the 8 limbs of yoga and importantly the Yamas and Niyamas, we hope that your practice and experience of yoga will deepen throughout the course, recognising that it goes far beyond the physical practice.
Our teacher training course focuses on teaching Hatha and Vinyasa Flow yoga whilst also gaining an understanding of the different styles of Yoga from Ashtanga to Yin. You will be encouraged to develop your own teaching voice, learning how to create classes that are focused and balanced.
Areas of study:
- Asana and their benefits physically and emotionally, alignment, teaching technique and verbal cues, adjustments, modifications and contra-indications, sanksrit names.
- Planning lessons: sequencing and flow of a class, teaching different levels and helping students to progress
- Teaching methodology: using clear language and visual demonstration, knowing when to use hands-on assists. Teaching groups and 1:1 and understanding the requirements for each.
- Anatomy and Physiology: gaining an understanding of the major muscles, joints and bones and the systems of the body. Learning how to read the body, common injuries and how to avoid/protect.
- The subtle body: nadis, koshas, chakras, bandhas and mudra
- Pranayama and the flow of Prana: the importance of the breath within our yoga practice, including specific Pranayama techniques.
- Focusing the mind: meditation, mantra and chanting.
- Yoga philosophy and history: yogic texts including the Bhagavad Ghita, Upanishads, Patanjali's Yoga Sutras and the 8 limbs of yoga. Applying this to a modern day context and bringing it into your daily life.
- Finding your teaching voice: teaching practice, feedback and self reflection, finding your niche and passion for teaching.
- The reality of teaching: setting up classes, health, safety and insurance. Marketing, business and ethics - striking a balance between selling and maintaining integrity.
Accreditation: 200 hour Foundation Yoga teacher training qualification, Yoga Alliance Professionals.
Pre-requisits: We ask that students have at least 2 years of consistent yoga practice in order to have fully experienced what they are hoping to share with others.
Location: Worthing, West Sussex
Cost: EARLY BIRD £2100 before 31st March 2018. Payment plans are available, please contact us to discuss your needs. Cost includes a comprehensive training manual and all assessment days, drinks and refreshments.
Dates: Sessions will run from 9am - 6pm unless specified
- 6th & 7th October 2018
- 3rd & 4th November 2018
- 1st & 2nd December 2018
- 5th & 6th January 2019
- 2nd & 3rd February 2019
- 2nd & 3rd March 2019
- 30th & 31st March 2019
- 27th & 28th April 2019
- 1st & 2nd June 2019
- 29th & 30th June 2019
- 19th, 20th & 21st July 2019
Sample Training Day:
- 9am Group yoga practice
- 10 - 1pm Theory session
- 2 - 5pm Teaching practice
- 5 - 6pm Group yoga/meditation
Depending on the module and subjects being covered, this schedule may vary. However we will always incorporate a group or self practice, theory and teaching session into the day.
For more information about our yoga teacher training syllabus and our policy documents please follow the link below.
Whether you intend to become a yoga teacher or simply to deepen your own practice and understanding of yoga, you will no doubt find yourself enriched through the course. The practical, experiential approach will give you the confidence and experience to progress on your yoga journey. Contact us now to learn more or request a call back where we can discuss the course with you.