Deepen your yoga practice and discover the teacher in you
200 hour Yoga Teacher Training - Worthing, West Sussex
Starts October 2018
Fully accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals, the course will comprise of study weekends in Worthing, West Sussex, spread out over 9 months. With the help of guest tutors who are specialists in their fields, Nathalie's warm guidance and in-depth knowledge will equip you with the skills and experience to become a confident professional yoga teacher.
**JUST 3 SPACES LEFT**
About the course
Drawing from the roots of yoga, we bring this into a modern day context with our down to earth approach. However we do not try to re-create or re-brand something that has been practiced for centuries! With a background in teaching as well as yoga, Nathalie has a clear way of helping students to develop their understanding and experience through practical learning, sharing her passion for the subject. We teach with an awareness of the body from a physical perspective and an emotional one, acknowledging that the two are linked. Through an understanding of the 8 limbs of yoga and importantly the Yamas and Niyamas, we hope that your practice and experience of yoga will deepen throughout the course, recognising that it goes far beyond the physical practice.
Styles of yoga
Our teacher training course focuses on teaching Hatha and Vinyasa Flow yoga whilst also gaining an understanding of the different styles of Yoga including Ashtanga and Yin. You will also learn how to adapt and modify your teaching for specific conditions. You will be encouraged to develop your own teaching voice, learning how to create classes that are focused and balanced.
Areas of study
- Asana and their benefits physically and emotionally, sanskrit names and meanings. Alignment, teaching technique and verbal cues. Adjustments, modifications and contra-indications including adapting practice for specific conditions.
- Planning lessons: sequencing and flow of a class, teaching different levels and helping students to progress.
- Teaching methodology: using clear language and visual demonstration, knowing when to use hands-on assists. Teaching groups and 1:1 and understanding the requirements for each.
- Adapting and modifying your teaching: understand the most common conditions people present with in class, how we can keep them safe and when to refer them, including pre & post natal students.
- Anatomy and Physiology: gaining an understanding of the major muscles, joints and bones and the systems of the body. Learning how to read the body, common injuries and how to avoid/protect.
- The subtle body: nadis, koshas, chakras, bandhas and mudra. Understanding Ayurveda and yogic lifestyle
- Pranayama: the importance of the breath within our yoga practice, including specific Pranayama techniques.
- Focusing the mind: meditation, mantra and chanting.
- Yoga philosophy and history: yogic texts including the Bhagavad Ghita, Upanishads, Patanjali's Yoga Sutras and Hatha Yoga Pradipika. Applying this to a modern day context and bringing it into your daily life.
- Finding your teaching voice: teaching practice, feedback and self reflection, finding your niche and passion for teaching.
- The reality of teaching: setting up classes, health, safety and insurance. Marketing, business and ethics - striking a balance between selling and maintaining integrity.
- Emergency First Aid at Work: whilst some students already have this, we will arrange a session at a heavily subsidised cost for all students who do need it.
What our students say:
"Nathalie brings her passion to every session, sharing her own learning and encouraging us all to find our own voices as yoga teachers" - Anita
"With whole group sessions and small teaching practices we have grown in confidence, knowledge and really expanded our teaching skills." - Laura
"a well balanced course, with a knowledgeable and experienced trainer" - Nancy
"Nathalie creates a nurturing, safe and supportive space for learning, sharing her knowledge and experience with us" - Liz
"The people on the course have a variety of different reasons for attending, which is great as we all share our experiences and understanding of yoga" - Clare
Accreditation: 200 hour Foundation Yoga teacher training qualification, Yoga Alliance Professionals. As a YAP Senior Teacher, Nathalie teaches a minimum of 70% of this course.
Pre-requisits: We ask that students have at least 2 years of consistent yoga practice in order to have fully experienced what they are hoping to share with others.
Location: Worthing, West Sussex
Cost: EARLY BIRD £2200 if booked before 30th June, £2400 thereafter. Payment plans are available, please contact us to discuss your needs. Cost includes a comprehensive training manual and all assessment days, drinks and refreshments.
Dates: Sessions will run from 9am - 6pm unless specified
- 6th & 7th October 2018
- 3rd & 4th November 2018
- 1st & 2nd December 2018
- 5th & 6th January 2019
- 2nd & 3rd February 2019
- 2nd & 3rd March 2019
- 30th & 31st March 2019
- 27th & 28th April 2019
- 1st & 2nd June 2019
- 29th & 30th June 2019
- 19th, 20th & 21st July 2019
There will also be a date (TBA with the group) in the Autumn to touch base once you have graduated and hopefully started teaching. This is part of our continuous effort to build a community of yoga teachers and support all our graduates!
Sample Training Day:
- 9am Group yoga practice
- 10 - 1pm Theory session
- 2 - 5pm Teaching practice
- 5 - 6pm Group yoga/meditation
Depending on the module and subjects being covered, this schedule may vary. However we will always incorporate a group or self practice, theory and teaching session into the day.
For more information about our yoga teacher training syllabus and our policy documents please follow the link below.
Whether you intend to become a yoga teacher or simply to deepen your own practice and understanding of yoga, you will no doubt find yourself enriched through the course. The practical, experiential approach will give you the confidence and experience to progress on your yoga journey. Contact us now to learn more or request a call back where we can discuss the course with you.
Why train with us?
We have a down to earth approach to our training course, recognising that most of our students have work, family and life to juggle as well as studying! For us, yoga is fun, explorative, personal and transformational and this is reflected in our team of teachers and the ethos of our course. With small numbers, you will receive lots of teacher time and plenty of support, and we strive to create a friendly and fun environment for all our students. Whilst we ensure a solid understanding of the many areas of yoga we encourage you to find your own teaching style through lots of practical learning. Whether you want to become a yoga teacher or just learn more about the practice, it is an amazing journey that we are fortunate to be sharing with others.
Nathalie is a senior yoga teacher with over 10 years experience working in the field of yoga and wellbeing. She draws on her background in the teaching profession when planning and delivering her yoga training courses, ensuring that all students are learning and developing. Nathalie's love of yoga has followed her through her life, and she is passionate about sharing this with others. She believes that yoga should be fun and accessible to everyone and this can be seen in her teaching.
When she isn't facilitating yoga teacher training courses in Goa, India, Laura delivers the Philosophy element of our course. She is fascinated with the history and background of yoga, bringing this into a modern context with her engaging and informative teaching. Laura brings over 15 years of experience of yoga to our training.
Gemma has been practicing yoga all her adult life and this is reflected in her strong and deep personal practice. She shares her love of the Ashtanga Vinyasa system with her workshops on Ashtanga, Adjustments and Assisting. She has a playful approach to yoga and her classes are fun and engaging.